Mesa Public Schools
PARENT PORTAL USE AGREEMENT
Parent Portal is a means for a parent/guardian of a Mesa Public Schools student to access education records of their student through a secured Internet site. All parents/guardians who wish to use the Parent Portal must comply with the terms and conditions in this Agreement.
A. Rights and Responsibilities
Access to the Parent Portal is a free service offered to all current parents/guardians of Mesa Public Schools students. Access to student information through the Parent Portal is a privilege, not a right. A parent/guardian will be authorized to activate a Parent Portal account only after a family has enrolled their student in Mesa Public Schools. Once a student withdraws or graduates, access to that student’s education records will be inactivated. Parents/guardians and their student must practice proper and ethical use of the Parent Portal and all other Internet sites and databases relating to Mesa Public Schools.
The parent/guardian will need a properly configured computer with Internet service to use the Parent Portal. The Parent Portal is designed to be user friendly. However, the District cannot promise optimal access for all users and, due to limited resources, cannot offer personal troubleshooting service if there are difficulties connecting to or using the Parent Portal.
B. Responsibility for Information Accuracy
Information accuracy is the joint responsibility between schools and parents/guardians. The District will make every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete. The parent/guardian should check their student’s personal and contact information periodically to confirm that everything remains accurate. If changes are needed, please notify the secretary or registrar of the school that the student attends. Questions about attendance may be addressed to the school office, and questions about grades should be addressed to the student’s teacher.
C. Use of the Parent Portal
Parents/guardians and their student are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Parents/guardians must act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner.
- Parents/guardians must not attempt to harm or destroy the data or networks of the school or District.
- Parents/guardians must not attempt to access information or any account assigned to another user.
- Parents/guardians must not use this Internet site for any illegal activity, including violation of federal and state data privacy laws.
- Parents/guardians who identify a security problem within the Portal should notify their school immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
- Parents/guardians must not share their password with anyone, including their student.
- Parents/guardians must not set their computer to automatically login to the Parent Portal site.
- Parents/guardians identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.
- Parents who have joint legal custody of their student but live apart may each activate a separate Parent Portal account. A non-custodial parent may activate a separate Parent Portal account. However, a non-custodial parent will not be permitted electronic access to contact information (telephone, address) of the sole custody parent and emergency contacts for the student.
D. Limitation of School District Liability
Mesa Public Schools will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. The District is not responsible for financial obligations arising through unauthorized use of Parent Portal, the District's computer system, or the Internet. The District will not be responsible for actions taken by the parent/guardian that compromises their student’s information. The District reserves the right to limit or terminate the Parent Portal for viewing student information without notice. All parents/guardians who use the Parent Portal to access their student’s education records consent to electronic monitoring and understand that this is a private network used as an educational tool by Mesa Public Schools employees. Parent Portal account activity is electronically recorded.